Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-saving services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 16,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Group Finance is the team at Bauer that is responsible for building the consolidated financial / strategic plans at the group level, analysing performance against those for the Board and Shareholders, and has Finance Business Partnering responsibility for key Group functions.
The role is based in Hamburg (when in the office), reporting to the Head of Group Finance. You will be a Finance Business Partner for Group Functions and support Bauer in achieving its short and long term financial objectives through the design and operation of core Group Finance process, delivering insightful analysis that drives business action and outcomes, in addition to contributing to the transformation of the Finance function.
PLANNING AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Be a proactive Business Partner to Group Functions to compile business insights and support performance steering and cost efficiency
- Independent preparation of month-end analysis, reports and evaluations for your assigned Group Business Partner Functions
- Coordinate and support the key Planning Processes (Long Term Strategic Plans, Budgets and in-year Forecasts) – working with your counterparts in the Group Functions
- Support the implementation and optimisation of processes to analyse financial performance and cost efficiency of Group Functions and to support decision making e.g. based on KPI dashboarding and driver based reporting
- Supporting other Finance activities that sit with Group Finance & Ad hoc Group Financial analysis
- Ongoing collaboration and support of Planning, Reporting and Analysis initiatives that deliver improvements to centralised reporting and KPI dashboards, embedding these into day-to-day operating rhythm of Finance. Partnering with the Centre of Excellence in the FP&A governance / design
We are looking for a driven, collaborative and outcome orientated person, who is looking to support Bauer as we establish the building blocks for our next phase of growth, and who wants to progress their career within Finance.
You will be someone that is comfortable working with various stakeholders and is a proactive change agent to support shaping the future finance function.
SPECIFIC QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Finance professional, with the relevant professional qualification e.g. BSc or MSc in Finance in Germany
- Ideally first working experiences in Finance (especially Planning, Analysis and Reporting is valued)
- Open mindset of willingness to learn and drive change, looking to move the finance function forward through process, reporting and data enhancements
- Systems and tools experience e.g. MS office, PowerBI, SAP
- Good working level of English (verbally and written)
- Vice President Group FP&A
- Group Functions Heads of Departments
- Head of Group Finance FP&A
- Group Finance, Accounting and Tax teams
We want to inspire not only our customers, we also want to inspire our colleagues. How? By giving you the opportunity to take on responsibility and by offering you a long-term perspective.
You can also benefit from our attractive offers:
- Individual solutions for the flexible organisation of working hours and location
- Targeted and individual training for your professional and personal development
- A central location in Hamburg’s city centre with good transport options (bus & train)
- Subsidy for HVV ProfiTicket & bike leasing
- Effective health management (e.g. health week, free sports programmes & Gympass)
- 30 days of holiday & frequent events for employees
- Company restaurant, free magazines & various discounts via corporate benefits
- A culture in which personal responsibility, teamwork and creativity are valued and you have room for creativity and for exciting and challenging tasks